Successes in the Past:
- DNP+ with APN+ played a central role in organizing delegations of PLHIV representatives from Asian countries for the 2011 mass rally in Delhi on the FTA.
- DNP+ today has over 1300 members and is democratically governed by 7 board members who are all PLHIV.
- DNP+ provides a platform to help empower patients to make informed treatment decisions at every stage of the HIV trajectory. Over the years their work has grown and expanded from a support group to service delivery and advocating human rights.
- DNP+ staff members visit HIV testing centres in Delhi to make sure that PLHIV receive peer support and counselling. DNP+ staff also personally escort newly diagnosed PLHIV to the nearby ART clinic, for registration, diagnostic check-up and treatment. In 2010 DNP+ referred 269 persons.
- In 2010, 137 address verifications and 112 ARV drop out cases were followed up.
- A DNP+ treatment literacy booklet in English and Hindi has been distributed in 1000s at health centres, ART centres, public places. In 2010 approximately 584 phone calls were received.
- In 2010, 7 ARV support group meetings were organized in which 195 members participated, 17 support meetings were organized in which 702 members participated and 1283 PLHIV were counselled.
- A silent 27-hour sit-in protest was done at the offices of the National AIDS Control Organisation (NACO) over the stock out of ARV Drugs in Bihar & Uttar Pradesh on 20 May 2010 by all DNP+ staff along with 2 members of Uttar Pradesh network, after which the drug supply was restored.